- From the Dozier piece: "several hundred case officers will make up the new Defense Clandestine Service"
- RT @intelwire Breaking: Sami Hassoun pleads guilty to attempted bombing in Chicago, here's his plea agreement http://t.co/QlV5Z5az
- RT @natlsecuritycnn Obama targets Iran and Syria's use of technologies to track down opposition over the internet http://t.co/8tE5aAUC
- MT @SpyScroll Who Is Michael Flynn?: The Pentagon's top spy agency, like the rest… http://t.co/VJT2sJ5M
- RT @Galrahn RT @BBCWorld: Iranian oil terminal "offline" after "malware attack" http://t.co/NZvWVttE #Iran
- Some poor transcriber earned a one way ticket to a #DPRK gulag with this one (or worse) http://t.co/vrPjI6zB
- Yes, we noticed the spike in their balsa wood imports – MT @latlongpacific Iran reports it has started assembly of drone copied from RQ-170
- North Korea ThreatStream – http://t.co/K1XXYows #DPRK
- @El_Grillo1 If that…
- English translation of the threat from North Korea – http://t.co/ptFnLL7u #DPRK
- MT @W7VOA Some sources I'm speaking with (jn & out of gov't) speculate threat could indicate plan for big cyber attack on #ROK from #DPRK
- RT @W7VOA The threat was broadcast on (North) Korean Central TV at 0412 UTC.
- RT @W7VOA DPRK: Attack on #ROK will be carried out by "special operation action unit" under the military high command. #Korea
- MT @W7VOA #DPRK TV broke into programming to make special announcement. This not 1 of those "routine" nasty threats from Pyongyang it seems
- RT @W7VOA North Korea vows military "special action" soon against #ROK president Lee, his followers "including the conservative media."
- The sudden decline of North Korean fashion captured in one image http://t.co/pis1zFjo on Fotopedia North Korea http://t.co/qzyxCmfL
- North Korean workers enjoy world class automobiles – http://t.co/RMs2E1Nl #DPRK
- This North Korean rocket works- http://t.co/kTExvcvv on Fotopedia North Korea http://t.co/qzyxCmfL
- MT @handrewschwartz US-Afghan close to strategic partnership agmt that pledges US support for 10 yrs after 2014 http://t.co/F2S4DfHO
- RT @CustosDivini PDF: The Market for Surface-to-Air Missiles http://t.co/1IWVGPj2
- RT @El_Grillo1 FP: The New al Qaeda Franchises http://t.co/xDF9crJ3
- One for the kids… http://t.co/bmc837ei on Fotopedia North Korea http://t.co/qzyxCmfL
- North korean astronauts will be well-dressed and a little chubby – someday http://t.co/CaqWsc6O
- Disney vs. #DPRK Disney wins – http://t.co/mxLZ1vmP
- Another interesting poster from North Korea – http://t.co/aXeQLqay #dprk
- Check out this photo: http://t.co/FUGCSTBv on Fotopedia North Korea http://t.co/qzyxCmfL.
- MT @El_Grillo1 MP uncovers spy network in Kuwait, Kuwaitis & members of other GCC countries, look to overthrow regime http://t.co/QlFUfsJ0
- Now mount one on a quadcopter for extra media #dronepanic fun – RT @LauraWalkerKC Did Someone Say FLAME THROWER? http://t.co/EcrjeSzQ
- RT @LauraWalkerKC A French official of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) kidnapped in #Yemen http://t.co/DqClFUjZ
- RT @CustosDivini Army chief: IDF prepared for Iran strike http://t.co/9ZHzrVrx #Israel #MidEast #news
- RT @LauraWalkerKC AMISOM captures strategic airport near Mogadishu : http://t.co/O39bmMK0
- RT @latlongpacific Early French election results Tweeted using WWII code techniques to pass strict French laws – http://t.co/C8PWipxi
- RT @switch_d Making Sense of Jihad: On Reading Zawahiri http://t.co/KZgEJP7d
- RT @blakehounshell Interesting piece on Boxun, the Chinese expat website/rumor mill http://t.co/hAZKDPdf
- Read through it earlier and can still smell the spray tan & steroids – RT @laurenist There is nothing not epic about the Jose Canseco feed
- #Sudan monitor – http://t.co/7skaYBsr
- MT @tcwittes Courageous piece today by a #Saudi selected as a MEPI Leader for Democracy; KSA won't let him travel. http://t.co/v6kq58zb
- When you consider the position she was recruited for the ignorance in her stream is pretty terrifying – https://t.co/yaEBcBes
- RT @azelin Bahrain's epic fail – Marc Lynch, @AbuAardvark Blog: http://t.co/nqcKuwLY
- RT @AJEnglish Thousands displaced by Sudan border clash http://t.co/wxmrhH7p
- Secret meeting between MI6 and police hours after discovery of spy Gareth… http://t.co/Zq3Yefw0
- Romney's new foreign policy spokesman: Quite the tweeter http://t.co/eCtvlKc5
- Romney promises increased Pentagon budgets http://t.co/HAaEtxc2
- Is #China Playing a Double Game? http://t.co/swhlsMPx
- EU Should Keep #China Arms Embargo http://t.co/fI1aY3p3
- China's military warns of confrontation over seas http://t.co/4goV7diZ
- Government investigating MI5 Libyan betrayal spy claim http://t.co/BbXiKIm7
- The Army siblings fighting the Taliban: Brother and sister make #military history http://t.co/RU7sq3tR
- Vets seek funds to film sentinel documentary http://t.co/xxpk5jhu
- Israel's chief of staff says covert operations in enemy states on the rise http://t.co/x3OV3K2J
- Google Street View comes to Israel after negotiations http://t.co/UDgI688z
- #Russia and #Syria No Good Options http://t.co/B9QbjyHE
- Threat of Violence Remains as South Sudan Withdraws from Disputed Town http://t.co/k3sFQ0ab
- Syrian opposition undermined by splits and infighting, emails show http://t.co/9P0urh7G
- RT @latlongpacific US talk show demonizes veterans with PTSD. SOFREP – http://t.co/nTc1ZRZc You Served – http://t.co/1uy5oLBC @BlogsofWar
- The Blogs of War Watchlist is out! http://t.co/pya29086 ? Top stories today via @doctrine_man @steven_metz
Korea watchers are buzzing on Twitter after an unusual announcement from the North. Of course, North Korea churns out crazy threats on a daily basis but there seems to be more energy and specificity behind the recent activity – at least enough to cause concern. Here is the English translation, in its entirety, from KCNA:
Lee Myung Bak Group Warned of Quick Action by KPA Supreme Command Special Operation Action Group
Pyongyang, April 23 (KCNA) — The special operation action group of the Supreme Command of the Korean People’s Army issued the following notice Monday:
The indignation of the army and people of the DPRK at the group of rat-like Lee Myung Bak is running high.
Shouts “Destroy”, “Beat to death” and “Tear to death” are ringing out on this land.
But the Lee group of traitors is still doing mischiefs, not coming to its senses.
On April 20 they toured the “Institute for Unification Studies”, den of rats, in Suyu-dong, Kangbuk District, Seoul where they called for “orienting to system change in the north” if it does not give up its nuclear and missile ambitions, saying that “what is needed for the north now is not only bread but individual freedom and human rights”. They have gone so impudent as to assert that “co-op farms should be disorganized and agricultural reform be effected to help improve the livelihood of the citizens in the north”.
On April 19 they appeared in the puppet Scientific Institute for National Defense where they heaped praises on a few poor-looking missiles, saying they have precision and power enough to immediately strike any part of the DPRK, inviolable land. They had temerity of dare talking about “striking the supreme headquarters through office window”.
Puppet Defense Minister Kim Kwan Jin and other military warmongers danced to the tune.
The situation proves that the group of traitors has long lost its reasoning power.
In the meantime, paid conservative media which had long been reduced to a waiting maid of the group of traitors, worked with blood-shot eyes to build up public opinion in favor of the rats’ group.
Involved in the campaign were Dong-A Ilbo situated in the downtown Seoul as well as KBS, MBC, YTN and other media institutions.
The Lee group should have apologized for its high treasons tens of thousands of times and chosen death by itself.
This group is, however, challenging the north, grinding its teeth.
In view of the situation getting graver as the days go by, the KPA Supreme Command special operation action group issues the following notice upon authorization:
The special actions of our revolutionary armed forces will start soon to meet the reckless challenge of the group of traitors.
Those actions are an eruption of the public anger and resentment and a sacred war of all service personnel and people to protect the dignity of our supreme leadership.
Their targets are the Lee Myung Bak group of traitors, the arch criminals, and the group of rat-like elements including conservative media destroying the mainstay of the fair public opinion.
Once the above-said special actions kick off, they will reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.
Our revolutionary armed forces do not make an empty talk. -0-
Steve Herman’s sources are talking “cyber” so that may be an angle to watch:
Some sources I’m speaking with (jn & out of gov’t) speculate the threat could indicate plans for a big cyber attack on #ROK from #DPRK.
You can monitor developments with the North Korean ThreatStream. If something does happen Twitter will most likely light up with the news first.
What do I think will happen? The safe money is on not much happening at all – certainly nothing worthy of the hype.