- RT @Galrahn Herman Cain's "Vision" for foreign policy reads like a social studies quiz. WTF? The job is President of US, not Captain Planet
- Not that it matters…. RT @THEHermanCain My Vision for Foreign Policy & National Security: http://t.co/GoND3Xca
- Israeli military: 3 rockets from Lebanon strike Israel – http://t.co/IQQv27xH
- RT @mach2600 Prove it @_TeaMp0isoN – Show me the login page where those user/passes work… they don't work on any @UN @UNDP server.
- #Kenya #Sudan move to fix fallout from Bashir ruling – http://t.co/Pd2pjxl4
- Obama Orders Government to Clean Up Terror Training http://t.co/2mwRE0ON
- Medal of Honor Marine Fighting Allegations He is Mentally Unstable – http://t.co/AZC90Vvh
- Kirk and Menendez join forces on new #Iran sanctions proposal http://t.co/uUPFhHxx
- The Hezbullah Cyber Army: War In HYPERSPACE! http://t.co/wyxf2xjX
- Turkey to Set #Syria Sanctions – http://t.co/GoIvFfKQ
- British Embassy Under Attack: New Pictures http://t.co/hm5ipNll #iran
- Judging Clinton’s #Burma Visit http://t.co/6DaV5tA1
- Polls close in Egyptian election – http://t.co/FMaTbsuW
- US prepares to vacate #Pakistan air base – http://t.co/wauxAkin
- Vets panel seeks hearing questions via Twitter http://t.co/6bpdXe89
- KSA asks citizens to leave #Syria OIC meet today – http://t.co/nKKCAPVH
- Turkey Increases Pressure on Syria Over Oppression – http://t.co/3gPK2FZc
- Hackers target UN, World Bank personnel http://t.co/r9JfVpYs
- #China #039;s first aircraft carrier starts second trial – http://t.co/6tymqarz
- #Egypt #039;s Christians try to stem Islamists in vote – http://t.co/YGOPosYL
- RT @switch_d 1000+ UN emails, usernames and passwords leaked http://t.co/qUYwCYej
- #Iran monitor livestreams updated – http://t.co/NzNiQypp
- The CyberWar Daily is out! http://t.co/FIqoCVVR ? Top stories today via @clipmanf
- The Blogs of War Watchlist is out! http://t.co/pya29086 ? Top stories today via @barrypavel @lou_reuters @micahzenko @ajstream
Well, where have we seen this before?
After about two hours, police seemed to be back in control of the building. Live TV footage showed riot police removing protesters.
Security forces fired tear gas, the semi-official Fars news agency reported. It said some protesters and police had been injured in the clash.
However, later reports said some protesters were still in the embassy. The governor of Tehran and the city’s head of security have entered the building to try to persuade them to leave, the BBC has learned.
An unconfirmed report from the official Irna news agency said a separate group of protesters had broken into another British embassy compound in the north of the city and seized “classified documents”.
I’ve been thinking about how Iran will react to its increasing isolation so the timing of this is interesting. This is especially relevant as we close in on Syria. There is plenty of room for debate about whether a preemptive strike on Iran would make sense but removing Syria from the equation certainly helps manage the uncertainty that would follow. Whatever the intent, the end result is a very isolated and weakened, Iran. Syria aside, Iran is still feeling intense pressure from many different angles at the moment – a lot of them internal.
The embassy storming is also a clear sign of deepening political infighting within Iran’s ruling hardline elites with the conservative-led parliament attempting to force the hand of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and expel the British ambassador.
So expect more of this. I suspect it the situation in Iran will continue to grow more unstable as sanctions, diplomatic isolation, and covert actions continue. Of course, the desired outcome is that all of this will eventually trigger that revolution that Iran has been on the edge of (allegedly) for about a decade now. There are a number of ways this could play out short of shock and awe, in fact that’s the lease desirable option, but all of them will trigger brutal and unpredictable responses in Iran. Iranian hardliners will not slip quietly into the night.
Recommended on Twitter: @UANI – Against Nuclear Iran is a non-partisan, broad-based coalition united to prevent Iran from fulfilling its ambition to become a regional super-power possessing nuclear weapons.
Follow developments in Iran live with the Blogs of War Iran Monitor at http://iran.blogsofwar.com.
- Centennial Of Naval Aviation – The Shadow Warriors http://t.co/2R1dQNtj
- #WikiLeaks set to relaunch secure tipster system – http://t.co/6tKouBew
- At least 25 dead in north #Yemen conflict, fighters say http://t.co/d6AGkNdK
- Arab League Approves Sanctions Against #Syria http://t.co/fstDXZOK
- #Egypt #039;s Copts view election with concern – http://t.co/QN8OrqzU
- #Egypt set to vote in first post-Mubarak elections http://t.co/MxSJb5RJ
- In Fog of War, Rift Widens Between US and #Pakistan – http://t.co/EdQLYibq
- Protests against military rule cloud #Egypt election http://t.co/B5rZ62gv
- S.Korea might ban #Iran petchem imports-sources http://t.co/Tyi9uMju
- Our thoughts are with @drjjoyner and his daughters today http://t.co/FYSeBcTz
- The CyberWar Daily is out! http://t.co/FIqoCVVR ? Top stories today via @backtracesec @hfuhs
- The Blogs of War Watchlist is out! http://t.co/pya29086 ? Top stories today via @barrypavel @zaffaranu
- There go my plans to turn BoW into a fake UGG store – RT @switch_d U.S. executes another round of Web site takedowns http://t.co/N2ad6CTg
- Yemen sets date for presidential vote – http://t.co/khOhhtpV
- The CyberWar Daily is out! http://t.co/FIqoCVVR ? Top stories today via @vwerber @securitygen
- The Blogs of War Watchlist is out! http://t.co/pya29086 ? Top stories today via @markthompson_dc @alan_arnette @yementribune
- NASA Mars Science Laboratory – Live NASA TV and Streaming Tweets http://t.co/nX5tArx0 #MSL