@senatus broke the story on Twitter but it appears to be a minor event:

A construction crew using torches to work on water pipes on the second level of the 580,000-square-foot center accidentally set fire to insulation shortly after 1 p.m., said Alan Etter, a spokesman for the D.C. fire department.

He described the damage as “negligible” and said the fire did not jeopardize any historical artifacts on display at the $621 million center, which opened Dec. 2 after six years of construction work.



1 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>